Thursday, August 8, 2013

IGF..

I am still working on Garboil when I can thougt I'll admit I'm rather lost on how to continue.  IndieCade should be wrapping up soon and hopefully I'll get some feedback.  If things seem workable, I'll shoot for getting Garboil ready for the IGF.

 16th Annual IGF

After doing the gameplay video for Garboil there were a few things that got in the way.

Gone is the need to buy your play pieces.  You'll randomly get one as you play ( actually had an idea for a rather convoluted unlock/achievement reward that would let you do just that).  You can still buy specific pieces and swap out ones you don't like just at an increased cost.  Money will still be relevant during play just not as much so.  The final score was meant to be the actually take away from a game anyway so might as well make that more important to the player by decreasing relevancy of other stats.

Difficulty will also be reworked.  Right now difficulty is defined by the number of 'bad' tiles the board starts with and the default grid size used to generate/select that game pieces.  I want to add a bit more initial confusion for the user requiring more observation/trial and error on their part.

I also have been messing with the theme.

Here's a glimpse at what I'm messing up now.



No comments:

Post a Comment